The Doric columns of this imposing structure, each made from one great pine tree, were moved from the original site when Crysler Hall was taken down and reconstructed in Upper Canada Village. It was originally built by John Pliny Crysler, a timber merchant. He was the son of the John Crysler upon whose farm the Battle of Crysler's Farm, had been fought (part of the War of 1812).
Crysler Hall was built as a residence. The sweeping circular drive, cast iron fence and formal gardens all add to the dignity of this fine example of Greek revival architecture. It is not typical of most houses of the period, and would have been considered pompous by most residents. The gardens; kidney bed to the left side, centre walkway and four square ornamental at the back; all emphasize the Victorian interest in flower gardens as part of the landscape, and complement the architecture of Crysler Hall.
The interior of Crysler Hall is modern, and contains exhibits related to Upper Canada Village and the history of the area. Included are the spectacular stained glass window that once adorned St. John's Anglican Church of Crysler, Ontario, and the stained glass windows painted and fabricated by the famous Harry Horwood for the J. P. Wiser mansion of Prescott, Ontario