We missed you! It is with great excitement that we announce the partial reopening of Upper Canada Village on Wednesday, July 1st, 2020. We have been waiting with open arms to welcome you back!
As things return to some sense of normalcy, we will continue to bring history to life so that we may learn from our past. Nothing has been able to stop us from dreaming about our visitors, your anticipation and your smiles! The peacefulness that always exists within the Village awaits.
While there will be changes to our programming, we will be offering Guided Tours as part of our phased reopening.
This will be a time-ticketed experience. Tickets will be available online at www.UpperCanadaVillage.com or via phone by time slot to ensure the ability to maintain physical distancing. Maps will also be available for download on our website.
Keep in mind that your upcoming visit will be different than in past seasons. So plan ahead and be prepared.
Mandatory Masking in Indoor Public Spaces
As of today, July 7, 2020, all visitors to Upper Canada Village will be required to wear a face covering or mask when entering any of our indoor spaces. This includes buildings within the Village, Village Store, Discovery Centre and washrooms. This is an added measure to the existing safety measures in place at the Village.
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit has implemented a mandatory mask directive across Eastern Ontario for all public and commercial indoor spaces under the province’s Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
For more information and exemptions, https://eohu.ca/en/article/2020-07-06
What is the address / directions to Upper Canada Village?
- Located at 13740 County Road 2, Morrisburg, Ontario
- For directions, please visit https://www.uppercanadavillage.com/plan-your-visit/directions/
What are your hours of operation?
- 9:30 am to 5 pm (last admission at 4:30 pm), 7 days a week
What type of programming will you provide?
- We will be offering Guided Tours as part of our phased reopening.
Will there be Guided Tours in French?
- Guided tours of the Village will be offered in French or bilingual French-English at 10:00 am, 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm.
What is the cost of admission?
- General admission: $13
How can I purchase tickets?
- Tickets will be available online at www.UpperCanadaVillage.com
- Online timed ticketing will be in place with limited attendance. If online ticketing cannot be completed customers will be able to phone in to reserve the tickets.
- Village maps will be available and posters of the map will be in the Discovery Centre if visitors would like to take a picture instead and can also be downloaded from our website directly to your phone.
Will parking be available?
- Parking is available at no charge on-site. All visitor and vehicle access to our parking lot and public spaces will be open as well.
Will washrooms be available?
- Washrooms will be available in the Discovery Centre. These washrooms are virtually touchless and a cleaner will be available to clean the bathrooms every hour or as needed.
Will there be guidelines for physical distancing?
- All visitors will have to follow physical distancing rules as mandated by the Ontario Government. You must stay 2 meters or 6 feet away from others. Our staff will monitor and educate customers on physical distancing rules.
Will there be any screening of visitors for COVID-19 upon arrival to ensure the safety of other visitors?
- Visitors will be required to self-assess their health and will be encouraged to not visit our attractions if there is any possibility that they may have contracted or have come into contact with Covid-19. Messaging for this requirement will be reinforced both on our website as well as with signage onsite.
What measures are you taking to ensure the safety of your staff and visitors?
Additional measures that have been undertaken are:
- Visitors may bring their own personal protective equipment; gloves, masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning products if they wish.
- Programming has been modified to provide a touchless experience as much as possible. Where this is unavoidable, hand washing or sanitizing stations are available.
- Enhanced cleaning practices throughout the tour route and restrooms.
- Many other steps have been taken in consultation with Public Health authorities, in line with Provincial Guidelines.
- Discovery Centre Museum will be closed.
- Walkways from the parking lot will be marked with 20 foot distancing lines to accommodate families.
- Signage will communicate best practices so visitors continue to adhere to best health and safety practices. This includes but is not limited to signs to use hand sanitizer at the entrance to the Discovery Centre, maintain physical distance, and washroom availability.
- Visitors will gain access to walk through the Village at the Discovery Centre.
- Village Store will only be available to visitors upon completion of their tour to allow for controlled capacity and to be able to maintain physical distancing in line with public health guidance and provincial guidelines for retail establishments.
- Barriers will be in place at all retail and admission registers. Registers in admissions will also be rearranged to be six feet or more apart.
Will we still be given reciprocal tickets to the Upper Canada Village/Fort Henry?
- The reciprocal program for free admission to Upper Canada Village or Fort Henry will not be available until further notice.
Will food and beverage be available?
- At this time, food and beverage will not be available at the Village Café, Willard’s Hotel or Harvest Barn. However, Village bread will be available at the Village Store upon the completion of your guided tour as well as BeaverTails located outside the Discovery Centre. Payment process will be as touchless as possible. We will be accepting debit and credit.
Are pets permitted?
- Pets are permitted so long as they remain on a short leash. Please note that pets are not permitted in historic buildings.